Quantcast

Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

lulumum: a lululemon blog
Administrator
Are you a lululemon employee with a tip to share? have a gripe about the company or a gripe about us customers? please share here. Your identity is safe.
Moderator; Lulumum: A Lululemon Blogger

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

No name
Ive worked in a total of three different stores over 5 years. I recently left for education and a "real" job. The most annoying thing about the guests would be when they buy $500 online and return it all in like 2 weeks, that hits ur daily sales, and ur store commission check. As a company, the quality has gone down so much. The designs are getting worse, and they always send you the most god awful things in 5 size runs and then speed shorts with only 2 6's. I really don't like how the company has basically sold out for profit and at a store level, managers just hire friends and u get this clique forming. I sold my stock off as long term, i think lululemon is going to have some big problems and it is going to take competition from athleta, etc for them to realize this.

Thanks for being the first brave poster. I agree, I tend not to have a bunch of returns to do at once but since there are many, many stores in my area I try to spread my returns. Unfortunately Lulu corporate chooses to debut items a week before they get released to stores so most people are seeing those items for the first time online and chancing it. Not only that, but those sales are building up the online store instead of the brick and mortar stores.
Moderator; Lulumum: A Lululemon Blogger

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Anon
What?? That's crazy unfair.  From my experience (though not at lulu) online returns can be made in store, but it's not counted as part of in store sales.  I thought lululemon as a company treated their online sales separately?  Now I feel bad returning all my stuff at my local store :(

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

jello
I have done a lot of online ordering in the past, because I was afraid that the item would sell out either in store or online if I didn't chance it. I also try to spread returns. In the past few months, it's been tougher since I can't tell if something is sheer until I get it home in the bright/natural light rather than the very dim lighting of the changing rooms. Consequently, I've done more returning whereas I never used to return stuff.

I was unaware that online returns counted against store sales, so I will be more careful not to return in store for sure!

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

No name
Yeah, you have daily goals and monthly sales goal. so if you get a big return its not normally that bad because someone buys it because it might not be in the store. Everyone complains to higher up I think it will be changing soon. It seemed pretty unfair.

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

moomoo
What the online store should do is to offer free returns too since shipping was free in the first place. I don't understand why they'd want to compete with their own stores in sales.  You either are one and the same company or you are not. Just make up your mind so everyone is clear. This goes for markdowns too when the store can MD anything they want.  There is unfortunately just one store in my town and with just a 2 week window, i have no choice but to return my online purchases to the store.

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Donna
Yeah, I think the idea of having free returns for online would be great. That's the only reason I return to an in-person store. I still do a good deal of shopping at the in-person store too, but it's so nice to have free shipping from the online store so that I can order at my leisure. Consequently I end up buying more than I normally would if I have to haul over to a store each week, lol.

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

nodelsat
Are returns credited promptly if they are mailed back?  That would also be a deciding factor.  Ultimately I will do what is convenient for me.  It should be lululemon's responsibility to take better care of their employees!
Ann

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Ann
No. I returned some defective pants by mail and it took over 2 weeks to get credited!  I will be returning things to the store from now on.  Sorry the company subtracts thar from their sales goals but that is something foe employees to be upset with the company about NOT the customer.  It's ridiculous that some people are spreading out their returns to different stores when they could go to one store and return everything in one fell swoop - absolutely ridiculous! It is your right as a customer.

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Anonamouse
I actually completely disagree with the gripes of the previous educator, with the exception of quality because that's obviously something the company is dealing with. I've found it to be a great job and the customers are usually really awesome people. To be honest I don't care if people return to the store because you're returning stuff you don't want and I wouldn't pay to return it online just to save someone a couple dollars. I genuinely want to get the people I help into the right clothes. If I wanted to make big money I wouldn't be working retail.

The only thing that ever really bothered me was people who would get angry at me for things that are out of my control. For example shouting at me in the store because we don't have the pair of pants you came in looking for, or attacking me personally because of the dip in quality. Quality affects all of us. I have to wear the pants every day and when my seams let go it sucks just as much as when yours do.

Please just remember that most educators are actually people, and when you're rude/abrasive it doesn't make me more likely to help you. If you've never worked a customer-service job then you may not understand how far being polite will get you. And also GIVE FEEDBACK on the products in the store that you don't like. You do have control over the product that the company makes and if you don't ask for something you're never going to get it. I actually can't stress this enough, our stringent rules were lessened in the last few months because of overwhelming feedback from all of you so THANK YOU.

TIP: Management and those at the SSC do NOT read comments on these blogs (luluaddict included) and do NOT collect feedback from your comments here. I have asked many people at head office and feedback is only collected from the facebook page, our website, stores, and the GEC, so do not expect any complaints that you lodge here to be heard.
Also, please understand that it is my job to tell you everything I know about every piece of clothing you touch in the store so if this annoys you, just tell me with a smile and I will GLADLY leave you alone.

:)

Thanks for your comments! I actually witnessed a customer be extremely rude to an ed on till yesterday and it was really not nice. I bet you there is probably one or two customers per shift that are like this.
Moderator; Lulumum: A Lululemon Blogger

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

edunonymous
Hear hear! I am with you fellow educator on all of your points. I actually enjoy returns, even online ones because usually it is stuff that we didnt get in store (and then one of us ends up buying it) or it surprises a guest who gets that one item they saw online but wasnt in store. That part is fun. I honestly love my job and where I work and the guests in the store. You guys make me so happy! I love hearing your stories, getting you into some awesome clothes, inspiring your workouts with a new outfit, and making your ass look great and seeing your face light up when you realize how awesome those pants make you look.

The things that bother me are the same as the above educator. Especially when I get yelled at for things out of my control- quality, being out of a specific pair of pants/shirt/bra, not having something that we had a year ago, why we dont have define jackets, and the return policy. On returns, be nice. Sometimes I can make exceptions. I never want anyone to leave unhappy. And also, every store is different. I hate it when "well this was marked down at X store or online, why isnt it here?" or "this store lets me do this" or "I spend so much money with you guys so I should get special treatment". Listen, everyone spends a lot of money in the store, even us educators, and we never get to return anything we buy. I treat everyone the same, whether you buy everything on MD, or have every item in the store. Every store is different, it is the great thing about working here because we get our own personality, make our own calls, etc. And when something gets marked down, price adjustments. If it is still in the store and you want to return the full price item (within 2 weeks) and buy the MD then do it. But I have bought things before at the full price and then 2 days later it went on MD, and I didnt get a price adjustment. Usually, I will just buy another color in it if i love it.

We are the same as you, lululemon addicts and quality enthusiasts. And we want to be your friend. For real.

Thanks so much for joining the conversation :)
Moderator; Lulumum: A Lululemon Blogger

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Nodelsat

This is more of a rant about people 'test-driving' a pair of pants, not wearing underwear and then returning with stains in the crotch.  WHY???  I understand some feel the need to try the items out, but why not wear underwear as a consideration for others?  I always wash items before I wear, BUT find it extremely difficult to pay full price for something with crotch stains!  If I worked at a store, I would most DEFINITELY refuse to take it back.  At the very least spot clean the area.  How shameful & disgusting!!

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Anonimus
What happens to all of the 'defective' pants?  Are they sent back to head office?  Put out in the trash?

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Charlie Lunan
Moderator. I'm a reporter looking to talk to some current or former lululemon addicts. Can you tell me how to reach Christina Chalmers? Thanks. clunan@sportsonesource.com/704.996.4463

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Blue
I'm a lululemon addict you can interview me if you like blueeggchook@live.com.au

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Blue
Oops it's blueeggchooks@live.com.au

Re: Anonymous Lululemon Employee Thread

Trailblazer1229
I know this post is a year old but hopefully someone is still out there.
I am a male and I just bought my first pair of Lulu shorts that I use for sailing.
My wife has a ton of yoga pants and tops from Lulu and all sorts of other manufacturers.
I have seen posts over the past year that the quality has degraded from a few years ago.
I have read the reports on line about company issues, but I have found the recent shorts I bought of very good quality. If there are and educators out there, have you noticed an increase in quality since all the bad press from the last year?  Or is it business as usual where requests for better quality have fell on deaf ears?  I figure you guys handle the product every day and will be able to give a good assessment as to where the quality of the items lay. Thanks.